Friday 12 September 2014

Tile Crazy

Ever since I went to Portugal I have been obsessed with tile patterns and spaces that incorporate lots and lots of tiles. Portugal is very inspired by Moroccan design dating back to hundreds of years ago, and it is evident on most of the buildings through out the country. The exteriors of building facades are covered in beautiful displays of colourful tiles, as well as the inside. They are literally everywhere; exteriors, interiors, bathrooms, floors, ceilings. Not only do they look beautiful, they also keep the building cool in the hot summer months and trap the heat in during the winter.




I found the continuous use of tiles to be incredibly inspiring, so when I discovered a few spaces that incorporated tiles as the main focal points, well I am sure you can imagine my excitement! This beautiful patio was designed by the talented local design firm Mason Studio located in the design chic neighbourhood The Junction (Toronto, Ontario). It was a showroom space for a boutique condominium development called The Duke. I was so drawn to the pattern, and I feel that the simplicity in the furniture and light fixture really allows the tile to stand out as it should. Not to mention the contrast with the warm wood panels just ties this space together perfectly. All I have left to say is well done Mason Studio, well done. 










No comments:

Post a Comment